Thursday, December 18, 2008

Chestnuts Roasting!

I'm revisiting an old chestnut with this image. My very first personalized Christmas card was a two parter. The first image was a pin-up girl hanging one of her nylon stockings on a fireplace with caption reading "The stockings were hung by the chimney with care." The second part was beefcake and was a much simpler image than the one below.
I can't believe I had the nerve to send both images to my folks, to whom I was not yet out. My faith in the joke and the "cleverness" of my pun superseded any nervousness I might have had about reavealing myself in such a way. 

Have a great Holiday, guys, however you choose to celebrate it. I think work and family togetherness are going to keep me from posting again until the new year...so Happy New Year, too!

best,
j.

6 comments:

JayCeeLoop said...

Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Happy holidays!

François said...

Happy holidays to you too.
Have fun, and come back with lots of cute elves. Or deers.

Javier said...

Expecting a "baby" New Year image in 2009.
Perhaps the strip poker loser?
He seems most likely to be put into a silly situation.

Pedro said...

Do you think you could put up the pin-up girl? I love your males, but I rarely if ever see your ladies.

j. said...

JayCeeLoop - Thanks for stopping by. Have a great holiday.

Francois - I'll tell ya, it's snowing so much right now that the only way I'm going to get my shopping done is if Rudolph stops by to lead me through the storm.

Javier - You want a man in a diaper as pin-up, eh? Hmmm...Actually it's sparking a funny old man/baby man image. Maybe...just maybe...

Pedro - I looked through my files and can't find the originals. I wanted to post the original male version. I'll keep digging and put both up in the new year.

best,
j.

musclsvg said...

What a terrific Christmas card. It has a really cool 1950's Madison Avenue ad campaign look to it. Plus, with the way the fire highlights his package you can see why they call them "long Johns".

Have the happiest of holidays and may the new year bring us all a new beginning and Peace.